<VV> blown electric fuses.

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu Nov 17 00:39:19 EST 2005

Somehow the dash fuse is cross wired.  Do you happen to have an aftermarket
stereo?
The memory wire is connected to the courtesy light circuit and the
illumination wire is connected to the dash lights.  Perhaps there's a short in the radio
or harness.  Another even more likely possibility is a failure in your
headlight switch or connector.  Both circuits are present there and the dimmer and
dome stuff on the front of the switch is pretty well exposed.
Craig Nicol

<snip>Here is the background.  the car is a 66 corsa coupe.  If I have a fuse
in the dome light slot everything on that circuit works fine.  If I have a
fuse in the dash panel light slot, the dash lights work fine.  If I have a fuse
in both of them, when the dome light comes on the dash light fuse burns out
quickly, even when it is a 15 amp and not a 3 amp.  I don't understand how the
two could be connected in any way.... Any ideas on what is happening?
Doug Barneck<unsnip>