<VV> Back & still idle

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Nov 17 02:01:30 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/16/05 9:14:57 PM US Mountain Standard Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

> Back from trip and was able to run a few more tests - engine warmed up,
> chokes open
> Stock 1966 110/PG

Padgett,
three thoughts..........

1) Why 8 deg? I thought that the spec was 13.

2) I know that you remember all that has happened, but I forget. What happens
when you set the idle speed, mix and balance when it's in drive?

3) I know that this is off the wall, but have you considered that some
engines require a carb made for an auto trans? Maybe you should try those. Best bet
would be to borrow some carbs from an identical engine. Not sure just what the
differences are...trying to research that. Maybe it has to do with the amount
of exposure the off-idle slot has at idle. Anyone know?

Regards,
Bob Helt