<VV> Chicago to Panama...

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Nov 17 19:07:12 EST 2005

> >at that time in 1960 the Pan American Highway was no more than a
> >line somebody had drawn on a map.

A number of years ago while waaay out west in our FIAT 124 spyder (really a
delightful but not very sporty 2 seater), we decided to take a blue line
road (Bland McNulty) from New Mexico to Arizona.

First it turned to dirt. Then  we started to see mailboxes with legends
like  "Jones- 14 miles". Then it turned into what looked like a flash flood
plain just before we were overrun by a herd of {mule deer | antelope |
jackalopes} - just saw a lot of white tails and legs.  Were quite relieved
when we crested a pass and saw a real town appear.

There are some in the US of A also.

Padgett