<VV> Lifters... They're coming out.

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 18 10:07:13 EST 2005

110-
This is the engine I posted about a couple of weeks ago. I got the
tool from NAPA. It works great.
Now I'm down to the last lifter. It's a good thing I decided to
replace them. Most of them came out
after a few minutes of wiggling. The last one is giving me some
trouble. The tool works by catching the lip
just inside the top of the lifter. To do this you have to push the
tool in a bit to depress the face where the
push rod sits. The last lifter will not depress. It appears to be
frozen.

Will I damage the cam shaft if I put a large flat bladed screw driver
in there and smack it to try to get the
face to depress?

Also- Would I be out of my mind to by a hone from NAPA and just break
the glazed surface of the cylinders
and then replaced the rings. There appears to be no discernible ridge
at the top of the cylinders. How much
trouble can I cause if I try this by hand with the motor sitting on
the tailgate?  ;op

-Cash

Cash Case, Art guy -
Home phone: 972-444-8531