<VV> Lifters... They're coming out.

mmcguire at hiwaay.net mmcguire at hiwaay.net
Fri Nov 18 10:47:32 EST 2005

Cash,

Let me interject... but I'm sure others are more qualifed on the list.  If you
want to freshen up the rings/cylinders.  You need to measure the cylinders for
wear, ovalarity, and taper.  Beyond that, the pistons should be cleaned and the
ring to piston fit must be measured.  If the ring grooves are worn, the ring is
allowed to conically flex and they break quickly.
Re-ring engines I've used Deves from on almost everything for many times with
great success.  A less costly approach would be a cast-iron ring.
If you can get luck via ebay or other sources, a new set of pistons can be
cheap.  Blaines engine supply in Dallas use to have really good prices on hard
engine parts.  I have not purchased corvair stuff from them...

Sincerely,

Michael