<VV> The end of Corvair season--minimal Corvair

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Nov 18 10:46:17 EST 2005

>One nice thing about Michigan is that here you never have to worry about
>watching your Corvairs go sailing through the air, along with your house,
>your cat, your trees....

That is part of the reason I left Ft. Worth, to get away from tornados. As
for himmicanes, in 1986 I lost two shingles due to one and had to climb up
on roof to fix. Part of the reason I live in Orlando is to be far from the
coast, 80 miles at nearest approach so much of any storm force is
dissipated before it gets here.

People (particularly those from cramped states and Europeans) tend to
forget just how big Florida is - if you start in Key west and drive to the
state line by Pensacola it is 844 miles (1350 km). That is 50 miles further
than from San Diego to the Calif state line north of Eureka. Heck, if you
take I-4 west from Daytona to Tampa it is about the same distance as
Baltimore to NYC and that is just across the narrow part of the state.

So like accidents in Cadillacs, generally you are sitting here while
"interesting things" are going on waaay over there.

Padgett