<VV> Fw: Sealing Corvair Windows etc..

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 20 13:20:17 EST 2005

Hi,

Hardest parts as I remember were:

1) Getting the vent window out of the door
2) Drilling out the rivets holding the rear rubber strip and window channel
together
3) Drilling out the rivets holding the vent window upper pivot
4) Getting the moulded rubber to fit the body right

I mention #4 because the lips on the moulded rubber channel I had didn't fit
snug up against body in spots.  I ended up temporarily wedging something
into a groove on the back side of the rubber moulding to hold the rubber
lips in place and then using silicone between them.  Once the silicone
dried, I removed the wedges and put more silicone where they had been.  When
installed it was hidden so all was well.  Perhaps the moldings are better in
this area now.  Still looked great when I finished, couldn't tell I had to
fix it.

Biggest thing is taking your time.

Best of luck,

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, more to come!
>Joel said:
> > I just spent almost 10 hours redoing all the seals on the driver's side
> vent
> > window assembly on my FC.
>
>  this is one that even I might have considered buying a
> > completed assembly if they were available with a core exchange...
vendors,