<VV> Long skirt forged pistons

Phredbob at aol.com Phredbob at aol.com
Sun Nov 20 21:29:43 EST 2005

If anyone has two or more used forged pistons, # 2206, 030 over, I could  use
them for a rebuild.  The other four pistons look/measure out good and  the
barrels look good too.  It appears that during the last rebuild of this  140hp
one piston was too big and one much smaller than the other four. All  the
correct number though.

I have had this engine in a 1972 VW bus/camper for almost 20 years and  at
that time it came out of another bus that I parted to get the Transvair  kit,
all the running gear and the camper. At the time I was told the  engine had been
rebuilt, but no receipts came with the deal.  I  discovered during the
teardown that the engine had been stamped with  "Squirrely Motors."  I am in
Northern California, has anyone ever heard of  this place?

I have been trying to get as much information about what works best cam
wise/etc. for my application.  I have read that the PG 140 cam would give  me more
power in the lower RPM range, with the four speed in my VW. Would  that be
the best bet? Any tried and true suggestions would be greatly  appreciated.
This combo has served me well, except I have been  running without much heat up
front for the past twenty years and would  also welcome any suggestions in that
regard.

Thanks

Jim

VW camper/140/4speed