<VV> lifters

rgubser at zoomtown.com rgubser at zoomtown.com
Mon Nov 21 18:43:56 EST 2005

I bought 2 new lifters from a "large Eastern Corvair parts supplier". I want to replace what I think are some weak/stuck ones in my Spyder.  (I haven't pulled the pushrods to check them yet, either.) The new lifters came with a note warning me not to use the new lifters on a used camshaft because rapid wear may occur. Now, I've heard never to put a used lifter on any other cam lobe, but I always thought you could use new lifters on any camshaft, new or used. True? I'm sure not going to replace the camshaft on a good running car because a clicking lifter! Thanks for any input.

--
rgubser
e-mail: rgubser at zoomtown.com