<VV> "Lazy" Thermostat?

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Tue Nov 22 00:00:48 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/21/2005 11:53:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ultramonzawest at aol.com writes:
The Passenger side will NEVER be open on anything other than a HOT  day!
Everytime you stop to check..it'll close fast!

That reminds me of the time I had recently replaced the bottom shrouds on a
'brier I had a few years ago... drove about 8 miles and the TEMP light came
on... I got out, ran to the back, and all seemed fine, by the time I got to the
cab again the light was out... did that about 5 times and then it dawned on me
to check the snap switch wire... when the thermostat would expand it was
rubbing a bare spot on the wire, grounding it, and turning on the TEMP light... I
laughed about that one for days!
Good luck!
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg,
1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg