<VV> Media doesn't help> GM Announces 30, 000 Job Cuts -

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Nov 22 13:22:27 EST 2005

At 05:27 hours 11/22/2005, mhicks130 at cox.net wrote:
>------------------------------
><snip>
>
>I may be old fashioned  but I
>refuse to drive anything but an American car. That does not include the
>foreign
>cars that are built here.
>
>Ned (Geezer in training)

>Does that include "American" cars that are not made in
>America?  Lots of American cars are made in Canada and Mexico (and
>any day now, China).  Since you don't care about the nationality of
>the workers who build the cars is your criteria then only the
>nationality of the CEO?
>
>mike

A better definition of terms might be in order.

Remember, Mexico and Canada are just as much a part of America as the
USA, which even though better known as The United States of America,
actually bears the official name of Columbia although most people
never use the name.

Now:    How many of you out there knew that the name of the country
we live in is actually Columbia?

...the only place it's ever actually (usually) evident is in the name
of the Capital of the country (District of Columbia).

Anyway, a car built in Mexico or Canada is just as American as one
built in Detroit.    Just thought I'd mention it.

tony..