<VV> Re: Flooded Mustangs in New Orleans

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Nov 22 21:59:21 EST 2005

At 01:05 hours 11/22/2005, kaczmarek at charter.net wrote:
>IN the Auto Industry trade magazines, it is postulated that NONE of
>these cars will be attempted to be cleaned up---the Toxic Soup of
>the Floodwaters--contains petrol,and God only Knows what kind of
>chemical runoff from local chemical plants----
>
>Dealers are afraid that owning one of these cars, if ever sold,
>could cause illness or toxic shock. There is a possiblity that the
>manufacturers may have them crushed.
>
>Too much liability--if one of these ever gets sold and gets someone
>sick, the VIN will still direct it back to the dealer on whose lot
>it was when the flood came.

Strip it out, race car, not even a VIN tag, just a cage and 'glas
buckets, harness, sponsor decals and a rumping engine, GT-1...   sign
a disclaimer quick and easy, bill of sale from the dealership to
prove ownership only, and cut NO title.

Might be a way to pick up a nice "current" race car body...

...or a parts car.

Damn, *anything* but arbitrarily crushing all those cars.   Likewise
the 'Vettes, make nice race cars I bet.   And no rust worries... ;)

tony..