<VV> Re:Buffalo area--Convention info-- potables

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Wed Nov 23 05:24:29 EST 2005

Hank, John Labatt's Extra Stock is no longer available on the US
side.....sigh
Labatt's 50 is now called Labatt Canadian on the US side........still my
favorite.

In Buffalo for the most part, Labatt, Molsen, OV are on tap, and considered
local.

Most Buffalonians turn their nose up at weak beers like Coors, preferring a
full bodied beverage.

There are still some local micro-brews around, Flying Bisons, and some
selections from Ellicottville.

The Ellicottville strip is usually for a younger crowd, though this area has
most likely more bars per capita than anywhere else.

Drinking Downtown, generally the Anchor Bar, hey, that is THE place to go
for wings anyway as it is the original home of the Chicken Wing, and you may
need copious amounts of beer to wash them down. Remember, wings aren't worth
eating unless you get them "HOT", and they are dripping with Franks red

Gary Swiatowy

> From: <kaczmarek at charter.net>
> Subject: <VV> Buffalo area--Convention info-- potables.
<snip>