<VV> Gas Gauge

Jim Houston tampatexan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:15:58 EST 2005

Just an info note on fuel senders -- my '65 Monza gauge was not working
when I got the car.  I ran the wire test and determined it was the
sender.  I bought a new sender, and when I removed the old one, I found
the wire on the sender itself was frayed and grounded to the sender (I
noticed the new sender had a flat piece of metal instead of a wire).  I
"shaped" the wire so it wasn't touching anything and applied some solder
to stiffen it up.  Sender now works fine.  Upside is that I have a spare
sender. (I installed the new one -- "just in case")...  ;-)

Jim Houston
Brandon, FL