<VV> Re: [VV-talk] Automaker woes

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Nov 23 10:48:59 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Oxford" <seoxford at att.net>

> As for GM, the HHR is too little, too late, too small, too
gutless....maybe the '07 Camaro??  Why not a RWD Impala?  Daim-Chryco has
sure not had any problems moving their RWD cars off the showroom floor.

> Steve O
**********
It was the beginning of the end when GM started screwing up their all-time
peoples' car, the 72 type Chevy Nova ... just think where it could have been
if they had concentrated on reliabity, anti-corrosion, and suspension tuning
up till now ... how about body panels that bolt on ( FixitYurself ),
rustproof panels and frame, modulated engine, trans, rear ends ( which were
about there anyway.   ).....

Oh NO , we got the 73/74 ++ Nova? pimp-mobiles ... just what GM decided we
deserve .... with no real improvements .... although I did like my 74 Spirit
of America Hatchback ... sigh ... what it could have been.

Chevette my butt ......  compare directly to cerca VW Rabbit .... or '70's
Honda etc.  yuk ...

Regarding Ford, my spies in Ford Engineering tell me the Sterling Engine is
ready to put into production .... just waiting on the bean counters .....
now might be a good time.......

reargards, ken campbell, iowa