<VV> Automaker woes

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 19:30:51 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Oxford"  <seoxford at att.net>

> As for GM, the HHR is too little, too late,  too small, too
gutless....maybe the '07 Camaro??  Why not a RWD  Impala?  Daim-Chryco has
sure not had any problems moving their RWD cars  off the showroom floor.

> Steve O

I think the HHR is a too late try to compete or one up the PT  Cruiser.

As a PT Cruiser owner I can tell you they didn't get it right.

The HHR "big" engine is like 142 HP

The PT cruiser base engine is 140HP and they go up to 230HP for 2006.

My 180 HP Turbo is about all an old guy like me needs.

BTW - The HHR is heavier too.

What the heck are they thinking at GM nowadays?

That they can cram whatever they build down our throats like in the 50s and
60s?

What about their dealers that routinely add about 20% to the MSRP and label
it as
markup or profit? They do this... Believe me I see it each month at our
clubs monthly
meetings at Singh Chevrolet in Riverside, CA. These boneheads couldn't sell
me a $20
bill for $15 after that kind of insult.

Tim Abney
IECC