<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 10, Issue 146

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Nov 26 12:03:30 EST 2005

>Anyone  using an electric oil pressure unit?  Where did you mount
>the  sender?

I have plans to use an adapabolt, 60 psi NAPA OP6640 sender, 68 gas gauge
assembly, and a DPDT toggle switch in my Monza. This will allow the gas
gauge to act as an oil pressure gauge (30 psi = half tank). Craig posted a
complete how-to article for using in a Corsa dash.

Purpose of the 67-69 gas gauge is to light a warning lamp at the bottom of
the gauge when in oil pressure mode. This keeps the stock warning light.
Hardest part will be running yet another wire (shouda used three pair when
running wires to thermocouple, then could have added a tach in the center
pod also (amazing how useful one is when hearing impaired.)

Padgett