<VV> Pertronix question

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Nov 26 22:46:51 EST 2005

Now that I have both the Ignitor II and Flamethrower II coil mounted with a
direct 12v feed, does the condenser on the coil bracket that goes to the +
side of the coil (I assume for radio static suppression) serve any purpose ?

Also, both the Ignitor and Coil pamphlets say to connect the 12v with a 12
gauge conductor. Since the pink lead is only 18 gauge is this necessary or
should I install a relay to protect the ignition switch ?

Since the new coil is only .6 ohm, that would sound like 20 amps during the
"on" cycle (which is about 1/3 of the time) and the pink feed  from the
switch is only 18 gauge. OTOH a coil is almost pure inductance so voltage
always leads current (eli the ice man). Am I concerned about nothing again ?

Pertronix does not seem to have an e-mail response line.

Padgett