<VV> Saggy LM Convertible

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 27 09:47:31 EST 2005

Geoff,
So, is the sag really just in the back?  Seems unlikely.  Measure from the
wheel centerlines up to the top of the wheel well opening on all 4 wheels
and see if it's just one corner or if the front is leaning too.  If it's
both ends, you almost certainly have spring problems.  If not, I'd really
suspect the rockers are rusting from the inside.

Mine did this for years (at both ends).  I _thought_ I had swapped sides
with the front springs when I had the front suspension apart, so I replaced
the rears - no help.  Finally, a month or so ago, I replaced the fronts and
all is well.  Guess I only imagined swapping the fronts.

Roger