<VV> no corvair drydock of QM2

Thomas Stingl tsc01 at corvair.de
Sun Nov 27 02:51:38 EST 2005

> to take her to Hamburg, Germany as that is the only drydock big enough

It's always fascinating to see unique machinery, also press and TV
reported lots of stories about the QM II visits. I also thought about
going to Hamburg just for this ... it's on the other end of Germany, so
maybe at the next visit.

> Whatever you hear about Europeans not liking Americans is not true..

Hey, even Schroeder, ex-Chancelor in old Europe, in the coalition of the
unwilling, had the Germany Army playing Sinatra and Gershwin at his
parting ceremony ... local US-car owners often adorn their cars with
US-flags, and don't have to stand watch .. (you see private German flags
rarely, only in the rear gardens, but then unfortunately most often the
pre-WW-I Reichskriegsflagge :-}

Thomas

--
Thomas Stingl  ts1 at corvair.de  Karlsruhe, Germany