<VV> RE: CONVENTION AND PARKING

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 15:26:36 EST 2005

Interesting- we accept the word of a random hotel
employee over that of the CORSA President. It's been
my experience that hotel employees, like most human
beings, are occasionally capable of making a mistake.
As we (CORSA) are in possession of a contract that
states we will not pay for parking, I can assure every
CORSA member that the net result will be: free
parking.  Again, as the outstanding employees of the
Adam's Mark are not error-proof, a few of us may find
a charge on our bill, which will be promptly removed
at check-out.

I'm having a difficult time understanding why some
people feel the need to come to this site and
proclaim, "well, I was talking to my best friend's
brother, who knows someone on the CORSA board, and HE
heard blah, blah, blah..."  We would ALL be better
served if you contacted us directly with your
questions and concerns, to which we'll be happy to
respond with truthful, factual answers.  If you still
prefer to post your questions here, that's fine, too.
But it would be so much more constructive if the
question were posed in a neutral tone ("Is there a
charge for parking at the Adam's Mark?"), rather than
the accusatory remarks I have to respond to ("AHA!
They're charging us to park at the Adam's Mark, and I
have Pearl's word to prove it!").  Those remarks then
lead to about 3 personal e-mails I then have to
answer, causing those people to wonder what we're up
to.  We're not up to ANYTHING, other than trying to
put together the best-damned convention you folks have
ever seen.

Jeff Clark, Treasurer and Truth Filter
2006 Convention Committee