<VV> Convention by motorhome

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 12:23:12 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/29/2005 8:50:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, jld at wk.net
writes:

To  summarize, some clubs that host the conventions take RV parking in to
consideration and some don't.  As for Buffalo, the jury is still  out.
Jim Davis

And sometimes, Corsa and the hosting chapters are at the mercy of the Hotel
and their policies. At least since 2002, it has always been a Corsa goal to
bring RV parking and UltraVan parking in as close and as available as possible,
 and Corsa has given it our "best effort", during hotel negotiations.
Sometimes  that means parking in the hotel's lot only if you are staying at the
hotel,  sometimes not. As far as I know, (Given space constraints),  overnight
parking of an Ultravan at the host hotel should always be allowed  if you are
registered at and staying at the hotel, and day parking should  be allowed if
registered for the convention and staying elsewhere - as long  as nobody is living
in the Coach when parked at the hotel. If you are  staying in the coach, the
Hotel policy will likely apply - whatever that is.  Corsa always has a
contract with the hotel and has to comply with the contract.  If it is a non-Corvair
oriented Coach, hotel policies might limit parking  locations based on
physical size, even if you are registered at the hotel,  due to safety reasons. To
put it kind of bluntly, why would you stay in a  Motorhome when you could stay
at the Hotel? To save money by not paying for the  hotel room?  That is why the
hotel is usually less than eager to allow it.

My wife and I "campered" out (Corvair powered) at our first Corsa  Convention
in Seattle in 1975, breaking down and driving about two miles to  the host
hotel each day. My most fond memory of the event was actually after our
multi-day dry Corsa Convention, when the Porsches started arriving for their  annual
National Convention, the skies opened up and rained on them for the  entire
week! (Hee Hee!)

- Seth Emerson