<VV> Re: removing stuck jets etc

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 13:31:39 EST 2005

i have a long punch that the point is the same size as a jet. usually one
controlled heavy hit with that and the jet comes out. the pump discharge needle
or enrichment needle ..i use heat then a fast cooldown with water or freeze
mist (i have around because of my electronics hobby) this proceedure also works
well with any stuck or frozen bolts. just knowing about how much heat to use
and having the cool bucket handy may take practice..most of my carbs have come
apart ok after dipping in carb cleaner or straight laquer thinner for a few
hours. then air pressure will get them out.(carefully)
regards, tim colson