<VV> RE: selling a car on e-bay

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Wed Nov 30 15:08:42 EST 2005

First I have never sold a car on e-bay. But I am an experienced seller with
a fairly good track record.
If I was going to sell a car, I certainly would put a reserve on it, to
make sure it would sell for what I minimally had for it. As long as you
have a reserve, it doesn't matter what you put up for an opening bid,
though 99 cents is probably a ridiculous way to start.
If you have never sold anything on e-bay, you have no feedback rating.
People generally are leary of someone with zero or few good feedbacks. So a
car would not be the best waty to start.
personal opinion, best way to sell a Corvair is by driving it with for sale
signs on it to car shows and cruises, put it in your front yard if you live
on a fairly well used road. I just sold off 3 project cars that way that I
otherwise would never have finished.

Gary Swiatowy