<VV> RE:Trip Tip

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 30 17:27:59 EST 2005

I thought I would pass along a good news story and tip. Today as I was
driving home in my ford explorer with a defective gas gauge (I have a new
sending unit and pump in the back seat...:-), I ran out of gas, sorta in
the middle of no where. While contemplating why I did not take my cell
phone along, it occurred to me that a small bottle of artificial fuel that
I purchased at WalMart about 3-4 years ago might still be in the jack
storage compartment. To make a long story short, it was.....and it
worked...and I was able to drive to a nearby gas station. This additive
comes in about a 1.5 liter plastic container and is non-flammable, so it is
safe to store in trunks or under seats, etc. I will definitely buy a
replacement bottle. I thought it was a bit pricey at the time at $5.95, but
think differently now. Maybe I'll even find time to replace the sending
unit during the holidays....
The Carbmeister