<VV> Saturn Sky - No Vair But Close - Why turbo

Garth Stapon stapon1 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 1 01:17:28 EDT 2005

Frank:

My take would be fuel economy.

A turbo on sucks fuel like a banshee only when it is on boost. Otherwise, in a modern engine, economy is similar to a normally aspirated engine.

A supercharger uses fuel and power all the time.

Now there is that pesky thing called turbo lag.

(No more on that subject with this group.)

My buddy loves his supercharged 3.8L Olds....NO LAG!

It also did not look like there was much room under the hood of the Sky and I think a turbo is more compact.

You should see some of the mini turbos used on 4 stroke snowmobiles.

15 pounds boost to boot! - 660 cc - 3 cyl - more than 100 hp!

Recall that their engine does not have to last 100,000 miles.

Regards, Garth