<VV> Fuel tank straw pole

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Sat Oct 1 10:55:31 EDT 2005

Replace fuel lines if you suspect rust-through anywhere. Otherwise, if
they're clear, leave them.
     Clark's and auto suppliers generally sell a coating for the inside of a
gas tank. If you have the tank out of the car, you can/should apply this
coating to end the problems you report permanently. I live in the tropics,
so can't speak to tank preservation in the arctic (I'm guessing about a lot
of things, including your location and your last name), but I think I would
fill the tank with premium fuel AND stabilizer (fuel stabilizer - chemical
sold cheaply at hardware and auto-supply stores). If you use stabilizer,
your car will be all gassed up at the beginning of your next driving season.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C