<VV> 1964 Electrical Problem

dcvjrv at covad.net dcvjrv at covad.net
Sat Oct 1 20:31:47 EDT 2005

My wife was driving home this evening in the '64 Spyder and the
gen/fan lite came on and then went off and then on again.  When
she got home and turned the engine off the gen/fan lite stayed on
and the generator continued to motor.  I had to disconnect the
battery to get it to stop.  If I reconnect the battery it will motor.  Is
this a generator problem or a wiring short somewhere.

Thanks,

Jim V.
1964 Chevrolet Corvair Spyder Convertible
http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv at covad.net