<VV> Happy Birthday Corvair???? (LONG)

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Mon Oct 3 12:01:24 EDT 2005

Bill, it's hard for me to say that anyone else did a stupid thing when I
dropped my Corvair off the trailer in traffic in Lexington last year.

>From that stunt I learned that (1) a Corvair loose in traffic is a bad thing
and (2) sometimes you're just flat out lucky.  I could have killed any
number of people had the car come off the trailer on the freeway.  It may be
that your purpose in life is to serve as an example to others.

In the movie "A Night to Remember" (the good Titanic film) at one point
Thomas Andrews, the designer of the ship is obsessing about details.  The
ship's doctor hands him a glass of wine, tells him to calm down, and then
says what in my opinion is one of the best lines in any movie:  "People
first, things second."

Norm

 snip