<VV> Idle issues

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Tue Oct 4 10:38:37 EDT 2005

Hi Norm.
	Professionally re-built carb, flooding, high idle.  Choke open
fully?  Too obvious.  Hmmm, turbos aren't very tolerant of high fuel
pressure.  Return line OK?  Remove the air cleaner for a better look.
Make sure the choke is fully open.  Look for pooling and dripping.

JED

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Norman C. Witte
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:58 AM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Idle issues

Just an update on getting the '65 turbo running.  Last night I tried
backing the timing off and that brought the idle down.  Then I managed
to flood the car twice--I think.  It may be that I retarded the timing
too much.  I also wonder if I haven't now turned the idle speed screw
back too far.

One step forward, two steps back.

Norm Witte