<VV> What is it & where can I get some?

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Oct 5 09:41:59 EDT 2005

Go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ catalog page 3483.  They call it push on plastic edge trim.  We used to use it at Northrop too.



we used a product to protect wire bundles etc from chafing whenever
they passed in the vicinity of a sheet metal edge.  We called the stuff
"tractor tread" because that's what it looked like. Looking at a cross
section it was like a rectangular "U" shape.  The sides of the "U" were
about 1/8 inches long.  The sides of the "U" were cut at intervals to allow
the stuff to go around corners without kinking.  For example, to protect an
oval shaped hole, you'd just cut the correct length and place the material
over the edge of the sheet metal. 


Jim B.


More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list