<VV> What is it & where can I get some?

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 5 09:56:54 EDT 2005

I think around here I've heard it called "Gator Grommet". We use it 
quite a bit also.

Mike Kost

mhicks130 at cox.net wrote:

>Go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ catalog page 3483.  They call it push on plastic edge trim.  We used to use it at Northrop too.
>we used a product to protect wire bundles etc from chafing whenever
>they passed in the vicinity of a sheet metal edge.  We called the stuff
>"tractor tread" because that's what it looked like. Looking at a cross
>section it was like a rectangular "U" shape.  The sides of the "U" were
>about 1/8 inches long.  The sides of the "U" were cut at intervals to allow
>the stuff to go around corners without kinking.  For example, to protect an
>oval shaped hole, you'd just cut the correct length and place the material
>over the edge of the sheet metal. 
>Jim B.

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.9/117 - Release Date: 10/3/2005

More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list