<VV> gas gauge reading past full

Ray Lough rndracing at mebbs.com
Thu Oct 6 12:35:20 EDT 2005

I am sure this question has been asked and answered in the past but can
somebody explain what would cause the gas gauge to read over full all the
time on my 1969?  I installed both a new tank and sending unit in
May.  Everything worked fine until a couple of weeks ago when the gauge
went past full and stayed there.  I check both the ground and hot lead to
the sending unit and both have good connections. Is there a specific
problem that would cause this over full reading?