<VV> fuel pump question

Arthur Landis MONZA63MO at peoplepc.com
Thu Oct 6 22:31:44 EDT 2005

I have a '66 Sport Sedan with a freshly rebuilt 140.  My mechanical fuel pump is 4 months old (2500 miles).  I've had to tighten the top screws on it 3 times because it starts leaking after a while.  Is this a common ailment with mechanical fuel pumps?  Is there a cure?  Has anyone tried to take the top screws off and put lok-tite on the threads?  Is there a good (better) mechanical fuel pump to replace this "new" pump?  I don't want to go with an electric fuel pump.

If this is a question that has been asked to death, please indulge me because I'm fairly new here.  The last time I asked a question I received a derogatory and insulting reply because I asked something that had been discussed a lot in the past.

Thanks!

Art in Missouri
'66 Sport Sedan
140/PG