<VV> fuel pump question

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Thu Oct 6 22:51:42 EDT 2005

Hi Art,
This is a fairly common issue with new pumps.  One thing you can do is get
longer bolts of the right size, to replace the 5 it has, from a hardware
store with nuts to put on the back.  This
gives it some more strength then the pot metal threads.  Keep the torque
even. If it is a good
pump, usually the leaks will stop.  I would lean away from
overtightening as it might squish and tear the diaphragms, but
even torque is what you want.   Personally I have a stash of AC
original pumps and I think they are superior to aftermarket, but they are
old and hard to get a hold of.
HTH
And ignore nasty ol' codgers who complain that something has been
discussed
before.
Geoff Johnson