<VV> Alternator running without battery

Thomas Stingl tsc01 at corvair.de
Fri Oct 7 13:39:45 EDT 2005

My 61 Rampside with LM engine, Alternator: User switched his brains off
instead of the ignition: removed battery cable, and engine surprisingly
just idled along ...
Now the Gen/Alt light is dimly lighted when engine is running ...

Sounds like the famous diode kill? Voltmeter still reads somehow
reasonable, does that mean I have just lost some x % of alternator
capability and for the moment could drive along if not pulling too much
load out of it?

Thomas

--
Thomas Stingl   ts1 at corvair.de   http://corvair.de    Karlsruhe, Germany
1961 Rampside - 1962 Monza Wagon - 1963 Corvan  ULTRA EuroRep/Ambassador