<VV> Hot Coil

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Oct 7 22:00:33 EDT 2005

One of the things that surfaced while working on the 66 this week was that
the coil seemed to be getting very hot. I just replaced it with a new
Duralast C819  from AZ "for use with external resistor". I measured the
voltage at the positive side with the ignition on, engine stopped, and
points closed at 5.78v so suspect the resistance wire is there..

After quite a bit of work with the greatly appreciated help of Ed from the
Greater Orlando Corvair Club (am now a member), I took it out for a four
mile loop and when returned the coil felt quite warm (read 175 F with IR
sensor). Is this normal ? ("D" hole not yet plugged but was idling 8*).

Padgett