<VV> Re: No Corvair Opinions Wanted

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Oct 8 09:33:29 EDT 2005

>Towing capacity is 5,000 pounds.
>Out the door the dealer wants $ 22,900 plus tax & registration.

EPA 21/27 mpg for the Diesel ? Doesn't sound that great to me, our 1992
3800 TranSport can do that (I get 24+ mpg at 70+ with air on down the
Interstate, would be considerably better at the EPA test which never
exceeds 60 & air is off.

TranSport has a current book values of $2k-$3k, can seat seven (our usual
trip configuration is as a 2 seater) and tow is rated at 3,000 lbs. Has
carried 1800 lbs of tile without exceeding any capacities.

Add in the fact that diesel costs about the same as 89 around here (about
10 cents/gal more than 87) and I do not see any real savings. You just have
to want a Jeep.

Padgett