<VV> Auxillary electreic fuel pump

Jebfmc at aol.com Jebfmc at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 18:15:25 EDT 2005

Hi Guys,
I have a 1966 140 4-speed that has the seemingly common problem of empty
carb bowls after only a couple days of not running. As the car is not a daily
driver, a long start procedure is hard on the battery and starter. Someone
suggested an electric fuel pump to fill the carb bowls before trying to  start the
car.
My questions are these:
1. Can an electric pump be installed in the main fuel line? Will the
mechanical pump pull gas thru a non-running electric pump?
2. Will the gas pumped by the electric pump get thru the mechanical pump to
the carb bowls or do I have to run a separate fuel line from the electric
pump directly to the carb bowls.

                                 Thanks in advance,
                                 Jim Bennetts
                                 Akron, OH