<VV> was Steering boxes, now Tele wheel

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Sun Oct 9 14:05:33 EDT 2005

Hank Said: <snip>Now over the past several years I have also been receiving
phone calls asking about Corvair telescopic steering columns that can be used
in Corvettes, while the Corvair owner will pay $400 for a telescopic column, A
vette owner will pay $800+.......<unsnip>

The latest issue of the NCRS "Corvette Restorer" lists a telescoping column
(with an original teak wheel) for $3750.  The original teak wheel (not plastic
but real wood) is responsible for about $1000 of that price.  Hang onto your
column!    I personally heard from one Corvair vendor that he regularly
rounds-up his tele wheel stuff and sells it to a Corvette vendor.  Why not?  We
aren't willing to pay more than $300 or so and even at that rate sales aren't brisk
vs. one phone call and they're all gone for double that or more.  We can have
as many as we want - all we have to do is step up... NOW... before they are
all in Corvettes!

Craig N.
65 Corsa conv with original tele wheel
65 Corvette conv with original tele wheel