<VV> Re: HELP !! -- Changing wheel/axel studs on a LM

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Mon Oct 10 11:35:59 EDT 2005

Has anyone ever changed rear wheel studs without removing the wheel spindle
flange?  I want to install slightly longer studs.  I can see that I  can drive
them out and should be able to slip new ones into the holes but was
wondering if it is possible to use old lug nuts and cinch the new studs in until  they
bottom out with a big wrench or air impact.  Not sure if I can pull  them
fully in with this method.  I am also not sure if I may damage  something else by
driving them out while on the car.

Signed:  Lazy Mechanic
              Joe Dunlap
              Central Florida
              ;64 Monza conv., '69 Coupe 140, 4 spd. street hooligan