<VV> Re: HELP !! -- Changing wheel/axel studs on a LM

Nick Elzinga starship at worldonline.co.za
Mon Oct 10 11:53:54 EDT 2005

I did this job about 14 years ago.  I recall it was reasonably easy; however
I can't remember the finer details.  I took the hubs off the car and with a
suitably sized socket over the rear end of the stud and a nut screwed on to
the front end, I pressed them out with a hydraulic press.  The new ones
splines were oiled and with the aid of a socket over the stud, a suitable
thick washer and a nut the studs were pulled home with ease.  I wouldn't
hammer them out and keep air tools away from wheels studs.  I've seen what
happens.

Nick