<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Replacing wheel studs - LM

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Mon Oct 10 22:44:25 EDT 2005

Well, after combinations of various rachets, 1/2" breaker bar &  straining to
the limit of my puny physical strength, I was able to "pull" a new  1-5/8"
stud into place.  (I cut them down to the size I wanted)  1  down - 9 to go.
However, I don't think I can do more than maybe 2 a day as  difficult as that
was.  My compressor is puny so I couldn't use the impact,  but since it was VERY
difficult to keep the axle from rotating against  breaker bar force, it was
VERY physical.  (can't set the emergency brake  with the drum off)  I need
another answer to this puzzle but now I know it  can be done w/o pulling the
spindle/lug flange.  Any brilliant ideas out  there?

Joe Dunlap
Cen. Florida (still stinkin' hot here)