<VV> wagon on the road

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 10 23:33:03 EDT 2005

Joe...

The following is clipped from Bryan's monthly post.  All VV members were
provided a copy and agreed to the terms when they joined.  Perhaps David and
Lon should review it as well?

   - We encourage vendors to post once a month to help
          our members find out about you.  Be sure to include your
          company info.
        - No vendor bashing.  If you have a great product, say why yours
          is great.  Personal attacks are expressly forbidden.

It seems to me that naming a vendor who had (at one time or another)
provided a defective product (most likely manufactured by someone else)
would fall into the "bashing" area.

If it helps you at all, I've had "instances" of defective or failed products
from C, D, & L over the past 15 or so years.  Where the $$ were high, I
asked for and received proper corrective action.  In other instances, I did
not bother.  The point is, naming the vendor in this instance (or any
particular instance) does not really help anyone (vendor OR vendee).  On a
MC, it COULD be (and I don't know the particulars) simply a matter of
incorrect installation procedure and not a defective product at all.

Later, JR