<VV> Turbo Hesitation - More Info

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Oct 10 19:11:01 EDT 2005

At 12:13 hours 10/10/2005, Joe West wrote:
>Hi Dave,
>
>I have the EXACT same issue with my 64 Spyder... and I thought it was the
>accelerator pump so I replaced it with a new one; and I still have the same
>problem.
>
>I would describe it as a slight hesitation when you accelerate and BEFORE
>you get into the turbo.  Mine does it on moderate acceleration but does not
>do it all the time.  So far... I've been unable to pin down the problem; but
>on mine at least; it is so minor that I live with it.

Now, for what it's worth, I've seen the same thing result from the
float level being a little too low.    This sometimes results from
attempts to overcome the dripping turbo carb issue via lowering the
float level slightly.   It's been my experience that even a little
bit of too-low float level on the Carter Y seems to cause hesitation.

...not to say this is the problem with this particular instance, but
I've seen this become an issue.

tony..