<VV> Happy Birthday Wagon

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Oct 12 12:53:20 EDT 2005

At 09:11 hours 10/11/2005, Western Canada CORSA wrote:
>Congratualtions Smitty, 400,000miles is a respectable number for ANY car,
>and it is a testament to your dedication and hard work maintaining the car.
>
>I know you said you didn't want to hear this.... but just to give you
>something to shoot for, the world record is held by a Volvo P1800 at over a
>million miles.

What ever happened to that old Mercedes that had racked up a huge
number of miles?    It showed up in a few commercials a while
back,  still running the roads somewhere in the southwest or some
other desert looking area.

By the way, there's a few steam locomotives in museums that
accumulated well over a million miles before they were finely retired.

...if I put a million miles on my '60 4-door, will GM give me big
bucks and a new somethingorother providing they're still actually
building cars themselves in the USA by then...?

tony..