<VV> Gas Pedal Loss

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Wed Oct 12 11:03:31 EDT 2005

I am surprised at how many nice corvairs usually have this problem.
Seems commonly overlooked.  It
has happened to me and been scary.  Make sure the right parts are used
(early to late) and
the rubber grommet (in tunnel pan and at transmission bellcrack) is in
good shape.  I seem to replace them every two
years in daily use.  Often times the rubber grommet is gone.  This often
causes 140 secondary activation problems as well.  A friend and
I bought a big bag of them and e clips
and did all our cars.  Wire brush, new grommet, and nylon bushing, and
everything is ok.  I carry spares in all the cars though.

-Geoff Johnson