<VV> Rocker Arms

RKB rkbyers at verizon.net
Wed Oct 12 12:37:33 EDT 2005

I have no desire to get into an argument but I am confused:
I can't figure out whose side who is on.. and what side supports what.

First, is there any person or group who is really supporting the SBC rocker arm as a replacement in the Corvair? Please give me those names, especially vendors,  so I can avoid them. I don't want to cast aspersions, but only want to avoid a breakdown should I buy from them, believing I am supporting Corvair vendors who deserve our  business as well as respect.

Second, I recognize lots of names here, but I really don't know who you are or what you represent: it took a tremendous amount of time to read over the material being quoted in a given message and then even longer to figure out what point was being made.  In many cases I just gave up.

Third, I would appreciate a consensus of what works.  I know of the roller rockers from Ray S and the originals rockers.  I will be building my first Corvair engine by myself soon and I would like to know which replacement parts have the seal of approval. I will not, however, under any circumstances use SBC rockers, unless someone can convince me I am misguided.  The rest of the argument, I just can't understand and I think there must be others who don't rebuild engines on a regular basis who would love to know the answers to these things.

Ron Byers
Largo, FL