<VV> Turbo Hesitation - Update

David Baker dbaker10 at twcny.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 19:43:18 EDT 2005

A couple days ago I posted asking for help with a bog or
hesitation on my turbo Corvair. This isn't turbo lag I was
talking about, but after letting off on gas to slow down, such as
in city driving, and then stepping on gas again, car would bog or
hesitate before picking up speed again.

I'd like to thank everyone who replied with suggestions, both
privately and on list. Just for everyone's benefit, here are the
suggestions I received:

Clean & gap plugs to .025, and/or use NGK B5HS or B6HS plugs
Accelerator pump and/or accel. pump circuit
Accel. pump shot too rich, reduce pump shot
Install vacuum advance with means for pressure retard
CD ignition with good coil
Possible low float level

These are things I'll have to look into. It may not be before
winter as I probably won't drive the car much more this year, as
I have things to do around the house before winter, and the car
will be put away for the winter.

Thanks again to all who offered suggestions.

Dave Baker