<VV> 140 engines and A/C

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Thu Oct 13 17:23:07 EDT 2005

 The '666 Corvair? Is that the one Ralphie wrote about???

AC was available with a 140 in '66. As Bryan said the compressor mount is higher than on the 110 engines. I'd guess the reason AC wasn't available in '65 would have been because of the location of the condenser. '65 and earlier have the condenser sitting right on the fan, in '66 the condenser moved up to the engine compartment inlet vents. The earlier setup also has a lower air cleaner. These things probably wouldn't work with the extra 2 carbs.

Ned